Shock

It  was at decehnphu. I had never even dreamt that the day would have such a tremendous impact on my life. The single incident just; turned the tide which was restrained within me . Let me not bit around the bush,  point is I had a cross. I crossed with my intimate a highschool friend. That was just a coincidence but listen Its something more than just a cross. The friend of mine got some company, two girls.; It was that moment which knitted a new episode in my life story.
By nature I am not a quick person but listen I got her number quicker than I anticipated. Again it is nothing surprising because you know I have; put my friend into use. Well,what is the use of having the contact, when I lacked the stomach to call. Few days I scrolled her contact and did not diall ,very effortless. I typed her number and then erased it altogether, I did that many times. Atlast , I besought the help of my friend again. It eased my situation. He has done the introduction, rest was my job.
Things assumed its shape quickly. Our call stretched untill the late night. I could crack jokes and she would burst into laughter. We share same affinity for singing , she has a appealing voice but my own was otherwise. She liked listening to short fable, i would narrate those few I knew. We would walk along the foot path and about the park overlooking the river. We rummaged through carpet of grasses for a lucky leaf. She love flowers , we gathered dandelion ,daffodils , grasses and created small bouquet.
There are more memories than I can remember . I have painted enough colors of moments on the pages of my memory. Our conversation over the phone was always memorable.We spilled all our emotions , feelings, sometimes over silly reasons we get outraged and hot argument ensued . However these issues were short lived, we sprang back to normal just the next day, this was how we lived, our bond became bolder and affection grew stronger.
We wanted to tie knot, she wanted a twins; I wanted a boy.Having said that , we never engaged ourselves physically. Furthest was a kiss inside the theatre,a brisk kiss and nothing more. We decided to stay away from it untill the marriage. We, wanted to Inform our parents . She was from pemagatshel in the east; her mother stood by her decision and did not object. She did not have  father.
My mom is a simple ,tight-lipped woman, it was  my father who verifies my decision. I told him our affair and how we met. He was delighted to listen to my story and didnt reprove. He asked about her family whereabouts. Her only mother Tshering was from pemagatshel,she didnt have father. After her mom was conceived; father never came back. Mom didnt share details about it.
Heaven forbid!The  girl you are trying to marry is your sister.His eyes became wet and even I could no longer fight back my tears.He said ,"it all happend on a fateful night when i forced my way Into Tsherings hut, on a night hunt. It was my first time and the worst.She became pregnant, I knew it but I was deprived of strength to accept the fact. Meanwhile , my training got over and came to thimphu . It has been 25 years, I promised her but never turned back".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty