sleep less night.

Lights are put out and the room hung in darkness.
Outside is silent except for some  distant barking of dogs somewhere
The far hissing of the train is nostalgic
I know they are heading home .
My head pulls heavy yet I lay it on pillow
Contemplating the blades of fan
Hundred of thoughts conjure my mind.
My mind is devoid of legs but they walk faster
Likewise it's devoid of wings. Yet they fly higher.
Winter has brought with her the cold
Deeper I am obliged to burry in the quilt.
Tossing to the right and then to the left
In hope of holding the tail of slumber.
I miss you but more when  sunk in solitude
I miss your arms and the warmth of your embrace.
I open my ears, maybe I can hear your voice
I hold my breath so I can smell your fragrance.
Like a desert craving for a rain drop
I ought for your love abound.
I force my eyes into sleep
But in vain and I despair and
The fresh dawn unfolds rather. 

Comments

  1. An aesthetic poem brother, apparently your sleep less night landed up missing someone else. Especially at night our mind gets clothed in inexhaustible thinking both commonsense and nonsense, keeping us awake but we do not know when we get asleep. My earnest request, do get plenty of sleep for your better health and awesome performance. Presuming that hard working you, your beloved family members and benign friends are all doing great with sound in health. God bless you all. Regards from me. Do Great. Take Care. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty