shopping in jaigon.

Shopping in jaigon is not as enjoyable as people talk about.. Bhutanese people are haunted by the aspect that price of the commodities are far cheaper in jaigon and has incited a shopping spree in them. But in reality things are otherwise. The system of bargaining I have encountered is mere a jest, needless to say it’s more of cheating and looting the customers. For instance, I ventured into a cloth shop, there was one t-shirt that caught my attention. I asked for the price and straight away he said, “it cost nu.1000, but will /give you some discount, take it at 990”. Whoa! the discount he offered wasn’t at all impressive. That by saying doesn’t mean I want him to run into lost by selling to me at very low price. I didn’t want to bargain and came out, meanwhile he said me not to go and asked my wish price. it was expensive I said and came out of the shop. Then he called me , “ take it at 500”, I turned deaf ear, and proceeded apace, to utter surprise he said to take it at 200. Off course I went and purchased at 200 . In retrospect , we Bhutanese are every day fooled by the indian shopkeepers, to me it was charged nu.1000 but to someone innocent he would have charged 2000 or more.

Almost all shops in jaigon has incorporated this habit. Off course there should be bargain system but things should go in a holistic manner. Shopkeepers in in jaigon sell commodity at their will price. MRP are not taken into account, let alone to consider selling at fixed price. these incidents have incited me to think twice before I purchase a commodity. But irony is if any few shopkeepers are selling at an honest price, it will be dubious as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty