beggar

I saw a leper, groping alongside the road and begging. His face was distorted and his hands decomposed. People declined to go near him, because his body smelt foul. Children's teased and poke stick on him while some stoned. He became a toy for the kids and a dumped garbage to the people.
Tears turned into bloods, words into plea, 
but gone heedless. I could not stand the sight of his endless suffering anymore. I reached my wallet to grab some bucks. The wallet came smooth. I saw him staring at me with all hearts and eyes filled with tragedy. I understand his body was diminishing gradually but his heart wasn't. Meantime, I felt the emptiness in between the partition of my wallet. It has been long ,I ran broke altogether. To utter dismay, I checked once again. A single rupee note crumpled in between the ATM cards was discovered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty