The place was at decehnphu. I have nrver even dreamt that the day would have such a tremendous impact on my life. The single incident just  turned the tide which was restrained within me . Let me not bit around the bush,  point is I had a cross. I crossed with my intimate  highschool friend. That was just a coincidence but listen Its something more than just a cross. The friend of mine got some company, two girls.   It was that moment which knitted a new episode in my life story.

By nature I am not a quick person but listen I got her number quicker than I anticipated. Again it is nothing surprising because you know I have  put my friend into use. Well,what is the use of having the contact,  when I lacked the stomach to call. Few days I scrolled her contact and did not diall,  very effortless. I typed her number and then erased it altogether, I did that many times. Atlast , I besought the help of my friend again. It eased my situation. He has done the introduction,  rest was  my job.

Things assumed its shape quickly.  Our call stretched untill the  late night. I could crack jokes and she would burst into laughter. We share same affinity for singing , she has a appealing voice but my own was otherwise. She liked listening to short fable, i would narrate those few I knew. We would walk along the foot path and about the park overlooking the river. We rummaged through carpet of grasses for a lucky leaf. She love flowers , we gathered dandelion ,daffodils , grasses and created small bouquet. 

There are more memories than I can remember . I have painted enough colors of moments on the pages of my memory. Our conversation over the phone was always memorable.  We spill all our emotions , feelings, sometimes over silly reasons we get outraged and  hot argument ensued . However these issues were short lived, we sprang back to normal just the next day.  This was how we lived, our bond became bolder and affection grew stronger.

We  wanted to tie knot,  she wanted a twins; I wanted a boy.  Having said that , we never engaged ourselves physically.  Furthest was a kiss inside the theatre,  a brisk kiss and nothing more. We were decided to stay  away from it untill the marriage. We, wanted to  Inform our parents . She was from  pemagatshel in the east,  her mother stood by her decision and did not object. She did not have a  father.

My mom is a simple ,tight-lipped woman, it's my father who verifies my decision. I told him our affair and how we met. He was delighted to listen to my story and didn't reprove. He asked about her family whereabouts. Her only mother Tshering  was from tahsigang , she didn't have father.  After her mom was conceived,  father never came back. Mom didn't share his name too.

Heaven forbid! "The  girl you are trying to marry is your sister."  His eyes became wet and even I could  no longer fight back my tears.  He said , "it all happend on fateful  night,   when i forced my way Into tsjeirngs hut, on a night hunt. It was my first time and the  worst.  She became pregnant, I knew it but I was deprived of strength to accept the fact. Meanwhile , my training got over and came to thimphu . It's been 25 years, I haven't gone back . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty