Favourtism


I pulled back the curtain and saw my sister playing outside. Her playmate was the little girl from the next door.They look playful and happy despite heavy sunshine.
Meanwhile, I took to the fridge and look for something to eat or drink and to give to the happy playmates outside.
I forgot, there was mango that I bought yesterday. It was packed inside a plastic bag. I observed closely and at length picked the biggest one. I relished the piece.Perhaps because of hot weather outside and also my empty stomach it tasted amazing like never before.
There was two more left in the plastic. I wanted to give to those kids and went outside. I called the two passionate playmates. I can see sweats smearing down their face. They looked tired but their smile defied their tiredness. They ran toward me seeing what's in my hand. More than anything I saw an innocent soul in their eyes, uncorrupted by any defilements such as jealousy, greed and hypocrisy which otherwise is becoming cancerous to so-called the adults.
I looked inside and picked the larger one and gave it to my sister. Tiny one gave it to her playmate. Offourse both of them I know very well, one call me brother while other call me uncle.
I went inside and settled to read some books. Meanwhile, I watched outside and saw them enjoying the fruit. Out of blue my sister came inside running, slammed shut the door. She was upset, complained that her mango was rotten inside. I could not believe her words but what I saw in her hands validates her complaints. Yes, it was badly rotten inside. Both the mangoes looked perfectly before and I have chosen the bigger one for her deliberately because I favoured my sister.
Promptly, I consoled her to ask and ask for few shares from her friend as there was none left inside. She took to her heels and left the room.
From the window, I saw as she approached her friend and ask for some share. But her friend was like oh-sorry look As she has savoured her share as it was tiny. My sister looked enraged but forgiving. Forgetting everything they resumed their game after short respite created by my mango.
** moral subjective. ðŸ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New place new life and new beginning

The summer

covid -19 duty